Friday, March 13, 2009

Two...One...


Okay...it's actually only 9 hours before my parents pick us up for the airport and then we begin our journey to China. But...yesterday, day two in our countdown...was packing day. My mom came over and we spent all day packing and making sure we had everything needed. Thanks Mom! Today was a "normal" day, actually kind of quiet. I brought Nat's science project in this afternoon and she explained it to her class. She will be missing the Academic Showcase at school so we did her project early. Tonight we reminised and watched the video of Natalee's adoption. Hard to believe that was 6 1/2 years ago. God has blessed us so much...and we're ready to receive our next amazing blessing. It was 34 months ago (may 2006) that we began this journey to our daughter. God has stretched us through this process....our faith has deepened and our trust made stronger. This verse meant a lot to me during both our adoptions and it was given to me by one of my former students who has an wonderfully compassionate heart.


"But these things I plan won't happen right away, slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place, it will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3 Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys have a great trip and that you have a wonderful stay in Beijing and that your meeting with Megan will be wonderful. I am looking forward to meeting you and your little girl. We will get to Beijing in the afternoon on Wednesday, one day earlier than the group. We will see you either there or for sure in Guangzhou. Take care!

    ReplyDelete