Monday, March 23, 2009

10 days in and what do I know

We are more than half way through our trip. It is hard to believe that what you wait for, 3 years, finally comes, and then its half over. I know that I am enjoying our time in China. I know that our God is so great that all things are possible. I know that God's love extends way beyond Michigan. I know we are a very blessed people back in the States. Life is so much simpler here in China. It seems more busy, but that is just because it has so many more people. I know that I appreciate what I have and our precious little gift God has given us. I had a client mention to me right before leaving on our trip that they wished they could do things over. They felt like they have wasted life. My thought is that as long as you are breathing, you can still make a difference, you can still turn out to be somebody. I have learned a few things in China, just by observation. The people are so much more helpful. They seem to care more. And I keep coming back to that Brandon Heath song, 'Give me Your eyes'. So many people going somewhere, why have I never cared. Well, I know that the time is now, for such a time as this. The harvest is white, and the workers are few. We must be about our Father's business. And that business, is all over the world. And I am called to West Michigan, that I know. Thank you God for giving me your eyes. Help me make a difference in your world. What a blessing this trip is to our family. Thank you for all your prayers. We sense them daily. Please know we are safe, feeling well, and excited to see the next site.

Tomorrow is a free day for us, and Kristin has high aspirations. Our hotel room looks across at a very large hill. From the street level it must extend over 300 feet. Kristin wants to climb it. She's feeling light on her feet. It does look quite interesting, and I bet the view is incredible from up there. We see many people flying kites from about the 150-200 foot level. We haven't really seen people at the top. We'll see, we've been blessed with great weather, so you will all have to ask Kristin if she climbed the Guiyang Hill. Two days ago at the park, she didn't feel like climbing the 378 feet to the top to view the buddhist temple, and that was with stairs. We don't know if this hill has stairs. Like I said, we'll see. (Oh, and mom, yes, we will be careful)

So wherever you may be today, make a difference that is eternal.

Blessings,

kyle.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Kyle for your encouraging words and insights. I'm so glad you have this opportunity, this will no doubt be a life changing experience to help you in your minisstry. Megan and natalee are very fortunate little girls to have been placed in such a loving and God honoring family. We continue to pray for a good trip but mostly for the bonding and grieving process. Great days are ahead. We love you all and are looking forward to having you home.

    Lots of love and prayers
    Dad G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle ~
    I am thinking about taking a trip to China instead of joining the gym...Can you tell me what the exchange rate is? I'm ready to lose my winter weight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!

    Thanks for sharing your encouraging thoughts and your grateful heart!

    ReplyDelete