Monday, March 23, 2009

Natalee's thoughts - Monday, March 23

Today was such a cool day. We went to Jiaxiu Tower and a cool Chinese Museum. When we were at the tower we saw a cool looking game, it had a little top thing hand made of wood, and a guy had a stick with a string on it and he whipped the top with the string to keep it going, it was really neat. Make sure people aren't close by you or you may accidentally whip them.

At the museum there was more like a store than a museum. But they did have many artifacts or fossils from way times ago. We spent time in the store buying stuff. I bought a Chinese flute, it is a traditional Miao instrument. I also got a batik. This is something I can hang on my wall in my room. It has butterflies on it and my mom told me that it is special to Guizhou. We met a nice man at the museum, too. He spoke very good english, mom says he is self taught by listening to BBC. He gave daddy a business card and asked him to email him when he gets back home. He was impressed to speak with us Americans.

It has been a great day. Megan and mommy are taking a nap now. Mommy is very tired because she has to carry Megan a lot. But this is getting her good exercise.

love,
Natalee

2 comments:

  1. Dear Natalee, It was great to wake up this morning, check my computer & find a note from you. I'm glad you are enjoying your trip. I love hearing about it & how you are doing. Can't wait to see your batik & hearing you play the flute. Love, Grandma Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Natalee,
    Thank you so much for writing. It sounds like you are having a wonderful trip! I cannot wait to hear about it when you come home. Talk to you later!
    Love you bunches,
    Aunt Sarah

    ReplyDelete