Thursday, March 26, 2009

Our last night in Guiyang

What an incredible day we experienced. We were truly blessed today, we actually are blessed everyday, but somedays you may recongnize it more. I cannot say thank you enough to our new friends; Dr. John & Sandra, Ellen, Gretchen, Beth&Kysle, and guide Jessica. We had a great adventure with you all today to the Miao Village. I cannot wait to see the video of the dancing and games. Kysle, Dr. John, and I at one point had a new bride, but I think we gave back the red scarves, so are no longer committed. Words are hard to express this experience. We will share pictures and video upon our return. Thanks new friends!! Looking forward to the next leg of our trip as we all share the same flight to Guangzhou.

Tonight is bittersweet. Our journey takes another step. We sleep for the last time at this hotel. And tomorrow evening Megan will experience her first airplane ride (Only 1 hour 15 minutes). Megan and I continue to bond. Today I received a hug, not out of affection, but out of keep me safe, which is just as good. I even got to pick her up after her nap, which is the most difficult time for her, to try to bring some comfort. (She mourns the hardest after nap times) I wasn't too successful, but she let me hold her.

Megan loves her sister. They have bonded well. Tonight the girls are playing in bed. They are supposed to be sleeping or at least trying to, but are laughing and goofing on their mom. And tonight, I heard it, for the first time, Megan said, 'da da'. It is soft and sweet. God is so good. I can imagine how He must feel when one of His dear chilren addresses Him, 'da da'. What a great feeling this must be. Tonight at prayer time, Megan did not interupt, like past nights. She listened and at the end, I think she was about to try to say, 'Amen', but couldn't quite figure it out. I am so going to enjoy teaching her about our precious Lord and Savior. What a privilege it is that our God chose Kristin and I to teach this little girl about Him. And she has such a bold personality, I know she will accomplish what He has for her for the Kingdom. Baby steps..............................

What beautiful countryside we saw today. What handiwork of our God. Thank you Lord for giving us the opportunity to witness your beauty!! You are the Great, I AM!!

Blessings to all, as some slumber, and as some get to activities; know our God never sleeps or slumbers - He is doing a new thing (Is. 43:19) With love and prayers, kyle.

2 comments:

  1. Kyle - just looked at the pictures of your Miao Village trip again - all I can say is "don't give up your day job" - no telling what might happen if you dance too much - ha!
    Thanks for your all your postings over the past days. Love & prayers - Mom (G'ma) Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Just checked in on your blog to see what you had all been doing today. Brian enjoyed the pictures of Kyle dancing. Perhaps he can give us a live demonstration when you get home. Jonah was eager to see pictures of Meagan. (He is actually supposed to be sleeping - but was out of bed because "he couldn't sleep") He saw the pics of the girls and then headed back to bed - hopefully for good!
    I have enjoyed reading about the wonderful experiences you have had. Can't wait to see the pictures and hear about your trip in person.
    Praying for safe travel and continued bonding for your family.

    Love,
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete