Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Travel Dates Set - Megan here we come!!


Today at noon, my phone rang. As I answered the gal on the other side said, "Hi, Kristin, it's Sarah." I replied but wasn't very excited. In my mind I was thinking it was my hairstylist who I had run into yesterday at the grocery store & had asked her to call me to set an appointment for Nat. But then....the "Sarah" on the phone responded with ..... "are you ready to go to China?" (or something like that - my mind immediately went into hyper-excited mode so I'm not 100% sure what she really did say).

God is so good and always just on time! This morning I was listening to Selah and my emotions just took over as I was pouring out my heart to God...my desire to hold my little girl....the fact that it's been 2 1/2 months since we've had her photo ..... wondering why we had not yet heard about our travel plans when another family got their's over a week ago....and I was really feeling sad. But...our God is good - all the time - all the time - God is good!

Okay....so now.... our travel plans...

We leave on Sunday, March 15 headed for Beijing. We will sight see and let our bodies adjust to the time difference. Then, we arrive in Guiyang, Guizhou on March 18 and that should be our "gotcha day". Our Consulate Appointment is March 30 with travel home on April 1. That's 18 days - yeah!!! We are so excited!! Praise God for he is faithful!




3 comments:

  1. Hooray! What wonderful news!
    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Sarah was also our SW and is a wonderful person. She has walked us through everything for the past 3 1/2 years. Will see her for our six months appointment right about the time you will be in China. Have fun and enjoy your trip. You know as well as I it is a long but also short trip. Get packing. Did you get all of the gifts that you needed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you and so excited to meet you guys! We are headed to China with you. Will you be flying out of Chicago? We will be on the 18th of March. We live near Fort Wayne and I noticed you live in Michigan. So, we aren't too far from each other. We are folling your blog. Our blog address is:
    www.praying4hannah.blogspot.com/
    Take care! Michelle

    ReplyDelete