Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkins & Trick-Treat Fun

I came across this great pumpkin poem and thought I'd share it with you all. It's a great prayer for each one of us this fall season!

The girls enjoyed carving pumpkins, especially Megan - she loved playing with the pulp & slimy stuff (which totally grossed her Dad out). :0







Pumpkin Prayer - by Liz Curtis Higgs

(cut off top of pumpkin)
Lord, open my mind so I can learn new things about you.

(remove innards)
Remove the things in my life that don't please you. Forgive the wrong things I do and help me to forgive others.

(cut eyes)
Open my eyes to see the beauty you've made in the world around me.

(cut nose)
I'm sorry for the times I've turned my nose at the good food you provide.

(cut mouth)
Let everything I say please You.

(light candle)
Lord, help me show your light to others through the things I do. Amen

Last night was "trunk or treat" at a church nearby and although we are not huge into hall*oween at all we have enjoyed allowing the girls to dress up and go to this event at the church. The weather was terrible rainy & windy so we weren't going to go...but after some "please Daddy, can we try" in their sweet little ways....we decided to try it - with no guarantees of participating if it was still outdoors. But...the church was prepared and all events were inside, thus making for a fun evening. When we got home the girls decided they had to "inventory" their goodies just like Daddy used to do....and then...the trading and bargaining began. "I'll give you my .....for your.....no, that's not good enough....I'll give you my ....for your ...." :) Too Cute to watch them bargain for their favorites. And of course, they each shared with mom & dad too.



We hope you all have a fun fall enjoying the beauty of the season that our Heavenly Father has created for us!



1 comment:

  1. I love fall. Those trees are beautiful. And your daughters are looking adorable in their costumes!

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete